Northwest Hardwoods Inc.
Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving the furniture, cabinet, and molding and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing facilities throughout the United States. We have an immediate opening, seeking a Safety and Environmental professional for our Oregon region.
Provide leadership, coordination and technical expertise in the areas of environmental, health and safety. This position will have the accountability for:
- Establishing reliable methods for improving safety performance;
- Nourishing a culture in which safety is an overriding value in all activities and in which every team member assumes accountability for safety;
- Assuring compliance with all Environmental and Safety regulatory requirements.
This EHS position will be based out of our Eugene, Oregon facility.
Accepting this position will come with a strong level of commitment. The person accepting this position must be willing and able to travel, to any of the other NWH west coast facilities if the need arises.
This position requires a highly motivated, people oriented person for interaction with employees on-the-floor and the management team. The essence of this role is to proactively manage facility and NWH business EHS programs, standards and best practices. Requires knowing the facility and its’ processes while applying proven EHS practices and principles. Individual will participate/lead improvement projects, implement successful EHS practices in a cost-effective win-win manner.
Provide effective communication and coaching with employees and the management team, provide technical and EHS support for on-going problem solving.
Emphasis will include ensuring systems are in place for an effective EHS program while meeting regulatory and business guidelines, applicable record keeping, reporting, safety statistics and trend analysis.
Active participate of the incident investigation process ensuring root causes, corrective action are identified and completed.
Serve as a primary contact for all internal or external inspections/inquiries. Manage compliance with all business best practices and federal or state regulatory requirements.
Be an active team member, take ownership of the facilities EHS program and hold yourself and team members accountable to the agreed upon EHS goals and activities of the facility and the business.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to facility EHS improvement and support of Business direction.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to develop written programs, procedures and provide recommendations for new policies or procedures and implement change.
- Strong work ethic, Strong problem solving skills and the Ability to plan, prioritize and multi task to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of EHS regulatory requirements and workers compensation
- Proficient in computer applications (word, excel, power point)
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field preferred.
- Additional safety and environmental training and certification a plus.
- Ability to Travel up to 25% to other western manufacturing facilities in Washington & Oregon.
Northwest Hardwoods provides a highly competitive compensation program with profit sharing plan. Comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, prescription and vision care coverage. Company paid life insurance, short term disability, pre-tax Health Savings Account, 401(K) Retirement Plan with company match, paid vacation, 11 paid holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Candidates who meet these qualifications will be considered further.
To apply please submit your resume and letter of interest to: email@example.com.
Northwest Hardwoods, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.